Different toasts for different folks. There are so many ways to make an exciting avocado toast. This carrot salad version is just one of many. Be creative and use some of your favorite this.
Toast with Avocado, Carrot Current Salad and Tahini Drizzle
- 2 large avocados
- 4 pieces bread of your choice
- 1/4 tsp celery salt
- 1/4 tsp regular salt
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 cup red cabbage
- 1 tbsp red onion
- 1/4 cup black currant
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil cold pressed, extra virgin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Toast the bread and set aside. Boil 1/2 cup of water
- In a small mixing bowl, add the tahini paste. Add 1/8 cup of the boiling water, 1 tbsp of lemon juice and whisk well. Continue to add water until mixture is consistency of cake batter.
- Shave the carrots into ribbons with a carrot peeler. Slice the red cabbage into a very thinly sliced slaw. Add the black currants. Add olive oil, 2.5 tbsp of lemon juice, vinegar. Add celery salt to taste. Toss and let sit. This could be done the day before if you would like.
- Cut the avocado in half the long way and remove the pit. Scoop out the avocado with a spoon and put in a small mixing bowl. Add ½ tbsp of lemon juice, red onion. Add celery salt to taste. Mash with a fork or potato masher until mixture is smooth but still has some chunks in it.
- Load the toast with the goodies. Depending of the size of the bread, add about ¼ of the avocado mixture to each slice of toast. Add a heaping pile of the carrot salad and finish by drizzling the tahini sauce. Use the photo as a guide.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!