We all know loved ones who have a hard time eating fruits and vegetables. Since we eat with our eyes first, the more appealing it looks the easier it will be to eat.
My rule of thumb — side dishes should be simple and vegetables should look as beautiful as possible.
Purple Cruciferous Sauté
- 1 Large sauté pan
- 1 large bunch of flowering or regular broccolini
- 1 small head of purple cauliflower
- 1/2 lb purple brussels sprouts or purple kale brussels sprouts
- 1 cup water
- 2 lemons
- 3 tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- In a large sauté pan, bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Add vegetables and cover. Turn down the heat and cook until tender but still with a bit of a crunch. This should take just a few minutes. Take off the heat and uncover when done. Drain any excess water.
- Pour the juice of 1 1/2 lemons over the veggies, drizzle with olive oil and add salt to taste.