Now is that a tomato or what? When people ask me how my food always tastes so good, I tell them one of the main reasons is that I buy quality ingredients. This way, I don’t have to do too much. This principle is even more true when it comes to your produce. Buy what’s fresh and seasonal. If it’s not ripe, don’t buy it unless you have the time to let it fully ripen. This way, it will taste as good as it looks.
Tomatoes with Goat cheese and fresh herbs
- 2 large beefsteak tomatoes
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 1 bunch fresh tarragon if possible, if not choose another green leafy herb. substitute with parsley, basil or cilantro
- 2 tbsp herbs de provence
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Step 1 slice the tomato into Half inch slices. You should get a least 2-3 per tomato.
- . Crumble the goat cheese into large pieces and set aside in a bowl.
- Wash and pat dry the Tarragon and break off pieces as in the photo.
- Place each tomato on a small round plate and rain a pinch of salt on each tomato. Top each tomato with ¼ of the cheese mixture. Drizzle each tomato with ½ tsp of olive oil.
- Sprinkle the Herbs de Provence over the cheese and top off with the fresh herbs.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!