High in fiber, antioxidants, and protein, what’s not to like about this versatile, ancient grain? I usually make 2 cups of quinoa at the beginning of each week to have on hand for when I’m in a pinch and need a quick, easy and nutritious meal. This little salad is one of my go-to’s for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Mediterranean Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups grape tomatoes cut in half the short way
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- 1 cup dill chopped
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/3 cup carrots grated
- 2/4 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 5 oz feta cheese crumbled
- 4 tbsp pine nuts for garnish
- 1 cup lemon juice for dressing
- 3/4 cup olive oil extra virgin, for dressing
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar for dressing
- salt to taste
- Rinse and strain the quinoa. Add the quinoa and 2 cups of water to a small pot. Add salt to taste and bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer until all the water is absorbed (10-18 minutes). Remove the quinoa from the stove and cover for 3 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the cooked quinoa to a large salad bowl with the tomatoes and cheese. Set a small amount of each herb aside for garnish. Add the remaining herbs to the quinoa.
- Add lemon, olive oil and white wine vinegar to a Mason jar and shake until fully mixed. Add salt to taste.
Toss & Plate
- Shake up the dressing, pour over the salad and toss. Garnish with the remaining herbs and pine nuts. This can be served family style or in little bowls for individual servings.Add chicken, beef, fish, tofu, or tempeh for extra protein.