Most people I know have trouble getting the recommended amount of vegetables daily. So I say sneak them into whatever you can whenever you can. This frittata is a breeze to make and packed with loads of veggies and fresh herbs. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner, this meal won’t disappoint.
- 1 8" Nonstick pan
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 whisk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cilantro packed, save a few leaves for garnishing
- 3 tbsp salsa verde
- 1 avocado
- 1 oz feta cheese or other cheese of choice
- 1/2 cup broccoli chopped
- tbsp coconut oil or substitute avocado oil
- Turn the broiler on high.
- Chop cilantro. Whisk eggs and salsa verde in a small bowl. Mix in cilantro.
- Chop broccoli into tiny pieces. Heat up 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat using an 8” nonstick pan. Add broccoli and cook for no more than 1 minute. When the color of the broccoli begins to brighten, add the remaining oil. Make sure the sides and bottom are coated. Shuffle the broccoli around a bit.
- Pour the eggs evenly over the broccoli and sprinkle feta cheese on top.
- Put the pan in the broiler until the cheese is melted and the eggs have puffed up. It should be a lovely golden brown.
- Drizzle some salsa on the frittata and garnish with cilantro and avocado.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!